Friday, September 11, 2009

The Art of Letting God

When I was a child I was so dependent to the people around me. I used to cry when I’m hungry; I used to cry when I pee and my diaper gets wet; I used to cry when I’m hurt; I used to cry when mom or dad is not around. I did those when I was a child. As I little by little grow up, things are gradually changing. I have learned eat by myself; I have learned my toilet training; I have learned to clean my wounds; I have learned to trust myself.

I keep on growing; and in every stage of development things are rapidly changing. Now I have learned to cook my food so that I can eat. I have learned not only to clean myself but cleaning the toilet as well. I have learned not just to heal my wounds but also the wounds of others. I have learned not just to trust myself but also other people around me.

Then, development took place outside of home, outside of my home town; it was transferred in a completely different world and environment. In this stage, things were not just rapidly changing but radically transforming. This time I learned not just to cook my food but to work for it. I learned to clean not just my own place but of other peoples’ homes. I have learned not only to cure the wounds of others but as a community and as a society; fighting against corruption, fighting against injustice, fight against giants of tyranny and oppression. I learned to cross boundaries. I have learned to express myself more independently. In short, I have learned to live life my way.

I was drowned in the depths of my own powers: capacity and capabilities. I have driven my own bus; I have become captain of my own ship and have been the pilot of my own plane. I thought I could control things within my palm. I establish a very beautiful blueprint of what I would become. I was overwhelmed by its marvelous but ambitious dream. I was in a hurry.

However, just like the ‘Tower of Babel’, when I have reached the pick I wanted to achieve suddenly it was tear down. The height of which I have reached was the same height of which I fell down. I was hurt but what I can do? I was at distant with my mom and dad, who’s going to help me? Where am I? I was lost! Ah, I just need to return back. But how?! I already left that place?

Just like a child I cried again. I grieved. I mourned. I was so lonely. But a voice suddenly made heard, “My child, have peace. I am here. Come with me and rest. You must have been very tired. Sleep for a while and tomorrow you’ll be home.” It was the voice of God.

From then on, I still grow up and continue to learn many things. I have how to live life but not according to my own way. I leave it to Him; for in Him if I reach what I have to reach, it is for his honor and not mine. If I soar high like an eagle, I won’t fear crashing down for He lives me; his spirit is my driver, my captain and my pilot. With Him I don’t have to be afraid of any thing. And with Him as my shepherd I am safe and sound to reach His beautiful plan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment